The Hotz House
Route 66 Grocery
Edwardsville Home has Antebellum Roots
The Stith O. Bonner House at 915 St. Louis St.
The Ahrens Home at 604 West High Street was built in 1910.
An early photo of the two-story Federal style building where Buhrmester Paint and Wallpaper has been located for many years.
John T. Keller, a skilled cabinet and furniture maker as well as an architect, built the house at 327 N. Clay in 1883.
In October 1894 Albert Dippold and his wife Barbara purchased four lots on West Union Street along with the three lots behind them as a location for their new home. A year later they took out a mortgage to build this beautiful two-story Victorian house on the southwest corner of Union and Kingshighway in Edwardsville.
W. R Brink is a name familiar to any local historian here in Madison County, because Brink recorded our history. While Brink was away at his work, an active social life was enjoyed by his family at 725 St. Louis Street.
The house they built at 603 St. Louis Street was designed by Charles H. Spilman, a prominent local architect, responsible for many of Edwardsville’s finest buildings of that time.
801 N. Main Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Madison County Historical Society
P.O. Box 422
Edwardsville IL 62025