John T. Keller, a skilled cabinet and furniture maker as well as an architect, built the house at 327 N. Clay in 1883.
In October 1894 Albert Dippold and his wife Barbara purchased four lots on West Union Street along with the three lots behind them as a location for their new home. A year later they took out a mortgage to build this beautiful two-story Victorian house on the southwest corner of Union and Kingshighway in Edwardsville.
Probabe Court Records Available Through MCHS
801 N. Main Street
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Madison County Historical Society
P.O. Box 422
Edwardsville IL 62025