Advertisement, Edwardsville Intelligencer, March 10, 1916.
Bill Schneider and Cleora Harris got married and moved to Edwardsville from Alhambra around 1910. Bill, a meat cutter, partnered with butcher Emil Eberhardt to open a meat market in the Bohm Building.
Bohm Building in Edwardsville, circa 1910. The Eberhardt & Schneider meat market was an early tenant in the Bohm Building at the corner of North Main and Vandalia streets.
The Schneiders left the county a few years later. Bill owned and operated a meat market in Sandoval, Illinois, when he died in 1929. Forty-one-year-old Cleora took over his cleaver and ran the butcher shop for another fifteen years.
Meat cleaver circa 1910 used by William (Bill) and Cleora Schneider. MCHS object 1986-082.
Edwardsville city directories. Available at the Madison County Archival Library.
Edwardsville Intelligencer. Various articles.
Find A Grave. Accessed August 30, 2019. https://www.findagrave.com/index.html
United States census records and other public records.