Montgomery Station: Established 1893
The community of Montgomery Station was established a quarter mile off Old Troy Road in 1893 on land donated by Nelson Montgomery. In 1898 it changed its name to Mont, then moved to a nearby location on Old Troy Road to access another railroad line that crossed nearby. The area around Mont Station was settled over 200 years ago by some of Madison County’s earliest pioneer families, many of whom stayed in the vicinity for generations. This issue of the MCHS News tells the story of Mont Station and the families that have lived there for generations.